I like to define all my custom configuration changes in transformation files, and leave the main web.config untouched. This makes upgrades a lot easier.
I'm unable to find anything related to "Default Settings" with SlowCheetah, but I noticed that when I created a transformation for a project I'm working on there was suddenly an extra "File.Default Settings.config". Upon further investigation this seems to behave the way I requested.
1. You define a *.config file
2. You 'Add transformations'
- For each *.[Build configuration].config file you define transformations specific for that configuration
3. Configuration is transformed in the following order:- *.config
- *.Default Settings.config applied
- *.[Build Configuration].config applied
This is the resulting configuration file for a "Release" build of the examples shown in the screenshots:
So now you have an extra layer for defining transformations. Does anyone know with which version this functionality came?